Last Modified: September 25, 2021
Your privacy is important to Bona Fide Beauty and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("Bona Fide Beauty", "us", "our") and we are committed to protecting your personal information. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice (“Notice”), personal information means any information that could be used to directly or indirectly identify a particular individual, as defined under applicable data privacy law. This Notice relates to our use of your personal information when you:
- Interact with us through social media or adverts and content on third party websites (collectively “Bona Fide Beauty content");
- Use our: Websites, microsites, or mobile applications;
- Purchase products or services directly from Bona Fide Beauty
- Otherwise engage with us, for example by contacting Customer Services or consumer affairs, attending an education event, tradeshow or other Bona Fide Beauty event.
The relevant Bona Fide Beauty entity that is responsible for your personal information will be the Bona Fide Beauty entity that collected your personal information. We may share your personal information within our group, and other Bona Fide Beauty entities may also use your personal information in accordance with this Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us at email@example.com
SECTION 1- WHAT INFORMATION DOES BONA FIDE BEAUTY COLLECT ABOUT ME?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide directly
When you engage with Bona Fide Beauty, either online or in person, we may ask you to provide us with personal information about you. For example, we may ask you to provide us with your contact details to register an account with us, to sign up to receive our newsletters or information about our products or events; and/or to submit enquiries to us. You may also provide us with your personal information in other ways, such as if you contact us in relation to employment opportunities; purchase products or request free samples from us; communicate with us through social media, consumer affairs or our customer services teams; join a loyalty scheme or reward program, participate in our promotions, or interact with us at tradeshows or our other events. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point when we ask you to provide it; however we may collect:
- Identification and demographic information, for example your first name, last name, email address, postal address, employer, job function/title or department, date of birth, phone number, gender, country of residence, lifestyle/interests, appearance, style, login name, password, answers to security questions;
- Transaction information, for example details regarding your transactions with us, including information about the purchases you (or your employer) made and the date and time that you made the purchase;
- Information in connection with the performance of a contract, for example right to work information, information obtained from credit reference agencies or other background checks which are required for us to perform a contract we have with you or your employer;
- Images and photographs, for example if you submit a picture to a competition, the Bona Fide Beauty Sites or to social media and tag Bona Fide Beauty or a Bona Fide Beauty Brand, or when you engage with Bona Fide Beauty via technologies such as AR, face evaluation or other tools;
- Information you provide when you visit us, for example information you give us when you visit our offices by signing in; and/or
- Your opinions or other information, for example if you review the products you have purchased from us, provide information about products and/or hair treatment concerns, and the brands and products you use or if you provide us with your CV when exploring your employment prospects with us.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit the our website bonafidebeauty.com, engage with us digitally, we may collect certain information automatically from your computer, tablet or mobile phone (a “Device") by using automated technologies such as cookies.
Specifically, the information we collect from you automatically may include your IP address, Device type (i.e. make and model), unique device identification numbers, browser-type, time zone settings, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. You may change your preferences at any time by adjusting the settings on your Device.
We may also collect information about how your Device has interacted with us, including the pages accessed and links clicked, how you navigate to and from bonafidebeauty.com, your preferences, the products and/or services that you have viewed or searched for, crashes, download errors and response times and any phone number or social media handle used to call or contact our customer services or consumer affairs teams.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclosure your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties includes:
- Our retailers, distributors and third party brand partners, for example where permitted by applicable data protection law and if applicable where you have specifically consented, our retailers, distributors and third party brand partners may pass information to us including your first name, last name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, click through and other cookie data, demographic information including information about your appearance (including hair colour, hair characteristics; and hair-care routine) and information in relation to products purchased at their stores (whether on the high-street or online through their own website or a dedicated microsite) and services requested using their websites and/or applications.
- Our technology partners and market research organizations, for example where permitted by applicable data protection law and if applicable where you have specifically consented, our preferred technology partners may share information with us, including your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers.
SECTION 2 - HOW DOES BONA FIDE BEAUTY USE MY INFORMATION?
We will use your personal information for the purposes set out in this Notice, which will include:
- To provide you with the products and services that you (or your employer) have requested, to administer our relationship with you (or your employer) and to carry out our obligations arising from the relationship, including internal accounting and administration purposes, to process payment for purchases or other services and to create and manage the account.
- To verify your identity, for example we may use your date of birth to determine that you are old enough to use our services, or your email address to determine if you already have an account with the relevant Bona Fide Beauty Site, or your job title and employer to confirm you are authorised to purchase any products or services on their behalf.
- To provide a personalized service, for example we use your information to provide you with personalized recommendations for our products that we think you might like, tailor Bona Fide Beauty Content to better suit your interests or, at your request and where available, to offer personalized and customized products . We will also use your personal information across the Bona Fide Beauty Sites to provide a seamless user experience.
- For analytics purposes, for example we may analyze your information including your location, products and/or services requested, age, time zone, IP address and URL visited, against our wider customer base for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, to improve our services and products, the Bona Fide Beauty website and content on digital platforms. We may also aggregate and de-identify your information to create customer segments and share with our licensees and partners.
- To provide you with marketing communications that you might be interested in, for example, if you choose to receive marketing communications from us, we may use your information to keep you up to date with our latest products, services, surveys, announcements, upcoming events, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and competitions via our newsletters, emails, or other communications.
- For tailored advertising, for example we, or with third party vendors, may use your information to provide you with tailored advertising on third party sites, including Social Sites. These advertisements are either: (i) “contextual" (meaning they are presented due to the webpage that you are viewing); or (ii) “behavioral advertising" or “interest based advertising" (i.e. where advertisements are shown to you based upon your interests which we have inferred from your information including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). We may use tailored advertising to specifically include or exclude individuals who have registered for our products and services to ensure that you are provided with information about those products or services that are most relevant to you. To do this, we may track your browsing activity across different websites, different Devices and/or different applications. We may match your browsing activity on one Device, such as your mobile phone, with your browsing activity on another device, such as your tablet, to ensure our advertising is tailored to you. If you longer wish to see tailored advertising, you may be able to amend your cookie preferences.
- To provide the best service to our customers and consumers, for example, we may use your personal information to process and respond to your questions and/or inquiries
- For site optimization and management, we may use your personal information provided to us to:
- administer bonafidebeauty.com and our other digital offerings;
- ensure the security of our networks and of your information;
- customize your future visits to the bonafidebeauty.com and our other digital offerings based on your interests to ensure the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- improve the bonafidebeauty.com and our other digital offerings (including to fix operational problems such as pages crashing and software bugs); and
- provide services to our partners such as tools, analyses, data and insights to see how their website or mobile applications are used.
- For product development and business development purposes, for example we will use information we collect from you to improve and develop new products and services.
- For fraud prevention and detection purposes and to protect and defend the rights and property of Bona Fide Beauty, our employees, and our business partners.
- For employment application purposes, for example, if you contact us in relation to your employment prospects we will use your personal information to consider you for current and future employment opportunities and to contact you with respect to employment opportunities at Bona Fide Beauty that you have expressed interest in.
SECTION 3 - ON WHAT BASIS CAN BONA FIDE BEAUTY USE MY INFORMATION IN THIS WAY?
We are required to satisfy one or more of the reasons set out by applicable data privacy law before we can collect and use your personal information.
Generally, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally rely on the following reasons to collect and use your personal information:
What are the legal grounds?
What are they?
Performance of a contract
Using your information may be necessary for us to perform our obligations under a contract with you or with a view to entering into such a contract. For example, where you have: (i) requested services and/or products from us, we will need to use your information to provide those services and/or products that you have requested; or (ii) approached us in relation to employment opportunities, the collection and use of your personal information is necessary to enable us to offer you the job role, process your acceptance of the offer, on-board you as an employee and fulfil our obligations as an employer.
Compliance with our legal obligations
The collection and use of your personal information may be necessary to enable us to meet our legal obligations. For example, if you are a business customer we need to process your information to verify your identity and undertake necessary due diligence checks.
Pursuing our legitimate interests
Where such processing is not overridden by your rights, we are permitted to use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests, for example to operate bonafidebeauty.com and our other digital offerings, to improve our products and services, our website and our other digital offerings or to undertake marketing. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make this clear to you at the relevant time.
In some limited circumstances, we may rely on your consent to collect and use your personal information. For example, we may rely on consent: (i) where you have approached us in relation to employment opportunities and have provided us with sensitive personal information, such as information in relation to your racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, physical and mental health, disabilities or trade union membership; or (ii) in relation to the sending of e-marketing or communication from different brands within the Bona Fide Beauty group.
If we rely on consent, this will be made clear to you at the time we request your information.
In some instances, we may need to use your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
You may not always be required to provide the personal information that we have requested. However, if you choose not to provide certain information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our services. Any information that is so required is clearly marked as mandatory. If you would prefer that we not collect certain personal information from you, please do not provide us with any such information, or opt out of providing this information where applicable.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will normally be as set out in this Notice; however, if this changes we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have any questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Team. Details for how to contact our Data Protection Team can be found in the section “How do I contact Bona Fide Beauty?"
When you access the bonafidebeauty.com, view, interact or otherwise communicate with us digitally, Bona Fide Beauty and our partners may place small data files on your Device, known as "cookies", to collect and use personal information about you, including to serve interest-based advertising. Please also note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track" (a/k/a/ dnt) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
SECTION 5 - DOES BONA FIDE BEAUTY SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE?
- Within Bona Fide Beauty: We may make your personal information available to other entities within the Bona Fide Beauty group to allow us to provide our services to you, for the purposes described in this Notice, or as notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- With third parties for marketing purposes: Certain promotions and events run by third parties and sponsored by Bona Fide Beauty may offer you the opportunity to consent to receive marketing communications from Bona Fide Beauty’s business partners such as Bona Fide Beauty’s licensors or promotion co-sponsors. If you have given your consent, your personal information may be used by such third party for the purposes stated at the point you enter the event and/or sign-up to receive the promotional updates.
- With our service providers: Bona Fide Beauty engages third party service providers to perform functions on Bona Fide Beauty’s behalf (for example, to support the delivery of our products, or our website). This includes but is not limited to sharing information with the following types of service providers:
- advertising providers – including companies that provide: (i) advertising space for Bona Fide Beauty; (ii) the provision of advertising related services, including agencies instructed to make advertising purchases on behalf of Bona Fide Beauty, providers of ad-exchanges (a digital marketplace to buy and sell advertising space) and providers of a demand-side platform (software used to purchase advertising in an automated fashion).
- providers of marketing and customer relationship management databases and data management platforms – that enable Bona Fide Beauty to manage your information in a safe and efficient manner;
- data analyses firms – that provide insights and help us to analyze trends using the data that we and they hold;
- customer support specialists – that provide customer support services on our behalf for Bona Fide Beauty’s products and services;
- fulfillment companies – this include companies that coordinate email campaigns, sweepstakes, contests or promotions on our behalf;
- application development and web-hosting companies – to enable the Bona Fide Beauty Sites to be hosted on the internet;
- information technology and related infrastructure providers;
- email delivery providers;
- credit reference agencies – for the purpose of assessing your or your employer’s credit score whether this is in the context of us entering into a contract with you or the person that you work for;
- payment processing providers - who provide secure processing services; and
- audit and professional service providers.
- As part of a business transfers: Bona Fide Beauty may disclose your personal information to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in relation to any actual or proposed divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding. If in connection with any business transfer Bona Fide Beauty sells all or substantially all of its assets to a third party, any personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- To comply with laws: Bona Fide Beauty may disclose your personal information to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
SECTION 6 - WHAT ARE MY DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Depending on where you live and subject to applicable data protection law, you may also have the following rights:
- The right to request access to personal information that we collect, use, disclose and sell, which enables you to receive confirmation as to whether or not we are processing your personal information and access to such personal information. Please note, if you are a Californian resident, under California law, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection, use and sale of your personal information over the past 12 months, including the specific pieces of information we collected.
- The right to request access to personal information that we collect, use, disclose and sell, which enables you to receive confirmation as to whether or not we are processing your personal information and access to such personal information.
- The right to change and/or correct inaccurate personal information;
- The right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances;
- The right to block or suppress the processing your personal information;
- If you are a Californian resident, the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information;
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information (including any processing for direct marketing purposes).
- The right to request portability of your personal information;
- The right to withdraw your consent, if applicable. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent; and
The right to withdraw your consent, if applicable. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent; and;
- Under the California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a resident of California, you may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure (if any) of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
If you exercise any of your data protection rights detailed in this section, we will not discriminate against you and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services.
We have a strict policy where we do not rent or sell your personal information. We can confirm that we have not sold any California residents’ personal information to third parties.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In order to verify your identity and so that we can locate your personal information in our systems, we may require you to provide us with a copy of either your passport or driver’s licence when you make a request. In some circumstances, we may require additional documentation to verify your identity such as a utility bill to confirm proof of address and/or a customer reference number relating to your purchase and/or product you used.
You can exercise these rights yourself or designate an agent (such as a solicitor) to make a request on your behalf by executing a notarized power of attorney to enable that person to act on your behalf.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we use your personal information, please do not hesitate to let us know. You also have the right to lodge any complaints with a relevant supervisory authority.
SECTION 7 - HOW DO I STOP RECEIVING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We will only send you marketing communications if you have agreed to this, or if we are otherwise permitted by law. If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may opt out by clicking on the relevant ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email you receive or by contacting us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note, whilst we will honor your request to stop receiving marketing communications, we will continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through the Bona Fide Beauty Sites and keep your information for record keeping purposes.
SECTION 8 - FOR HOW LONG DOES BONA FIDE BEAUTY KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We will retain your information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with access to the bonafidebeauty.com or other digital offerings, to provide you with a product you have purchased, or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
SECTION 9 - DOES BONA FIDE BEAUTY TRANSFER MY INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
As an international entity, in order to provide our services we may need to transfer and process your personal information internationally (including to destinations outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA") and the UK), notably throughout Bona Fide Beauty and to the jurisdictions in which those entities. This means that when we process your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
As a result, your information may be transferred to and/or processed in countries which may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal information as the country in which you reside. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Notice. This includes implementing the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of your personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information that they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Further information can be provided on request: please contact us at email@example.com.
SECTION 10 - IS MY INFORMATION SECURE?
We understand that you care how your personal information is used and/or shared with others, and we value your trust and seek to safeguard your personal information.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. To ensure the security of your personal information, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all Bona Fide Beauty employees and enforce privacy safeguards within our company.
The measures we use to protect your personal information are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please be aware that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures that we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
SECTION 11 - WHAT IF I ACCESS A WEBSITE THROUGH A BONA FIDE BEAUTY’S WEBSITE?
As described above, bonafidebeauty.com may contain links to and from other third-party websites and services that are not controlled and operated by us.
SECTION 12 - WHAT IF I ACCESS OR USE A SOCIAL NETWORK OR PUBLIC FORUM THROUGH THE WEB SITE?
The Bona Fide Beauty website may facilitate easy access to certain social networking Third Party Sites and other websites or services with user-generated content features, such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter (“Social Sites"). You understand that we do not control such services and are not liable for the way they operate.
Bonafidebeauty.com may enable you to:
- Submit content to Social Sites: for reviews, discussion forums, message boards, photographs and other public features (“Public Forums"). We do not restrict the distribution of personal information that you voluntarily disclose in these Public Forums, so please be aware that any information you disclose there may be collected and used by Bona Fide Beauty and others. For this reason, we encourage you to refrain from providing or sharing personal information about yourself in the Public Forums. Bona Fide Beauty cannot prevent third parties from using such information in a way that may violate this Notice or applicable law;
- Accept certain cookies from the Bona Fide Beauty Sites. These types of cookies help us understand your activity including the type of content you see, whether or not you have a Social Site account and if you are logged into that account. This information helps us to show you what you may be interested in on the Social Sites and measure the effectiveness of the Bona Fide Beauty content and offerings.
We may also use any personal information you provide us with on our Sites, apps and/or devices (e.g. your name, email address, gender and phone number) to identify you on Social Sites in order to show you ads that are more relevant for you. While doing this, the Social Sites will not share your personal information with other parties and will delete the information promptly after the matching process is complete.
SECTION 13 - I HAVE ENTERED A CONTEST, PROMOTION OR SURVEY – HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THAT?
Bona Fide Beauty and its preferred third party service providers or business partners may offer sweepstakes, contests, promotions and surveys (each, a “Promotion").
SECTION 14 - DOES THIS NOTICE EVER CHANGE?
We may update or modify this Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. We will obtain your consent to any material Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. The date of the most recent version of this Notice will appear at the top of the page.
When we update our Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. For example, we will notify you of any changes to this Notice by posting a new Notice and updating the “last modified" date at the top of this page or by sending the new Notice to you via email, where appropriate.
SECTION 15 - HOW DO I CONTACT BONA FIDE BEAUTY?
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, how we handle your personal information and/or would like to submit a privacy request, please contact our support team firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: September 30, 2021
SECTION 1- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies, are small data files that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website or application. When you return to the website, or another website that recognizes that cookie, the cookie is sent to that site to enhance your experience by remembering your preferences, providing tailored advertising, helping you navigate more efficiently or keeping you logged in.
The Bona Fide Beauty website may use similar technologies to cookies, including pixel tags, mobile device identifiers, web beacons and server logs to understand how you are using our website and provide adverts tailored to you and your interests. These technologies often take the form of a small, transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email. They work with cookies and capture data like your IP address, when you viewed the page or email and what device you were using. Where we use web beacons in the emails we send to you, these are used to enable us to assess the level of engagement our emails receive by measuring information such as the delivery rates, open rates and click through rates which our emails achieve.
SECTION 2 - WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES BONA FIDE BEAUTY USE?
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are cookies which last for as long as you keep your web browser open and expire when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies which stay on your device for a set period of time and expire at a fixed point in time or if you manually delete them from your browser, whichever occurs first.
- First party cookies: these are cookies set by the website that you are visiting at that time, either by us, or by a third party at our request.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies that are set by a party other than that of the website you are visiting.
- understand the behavior of users to the Bona Fide Beauty website;
- track which parts of the Bona Fide Beauty website people have visited;
- understand the profile of the users of the Bona Fide Beauty website;
- make our Bona Fide Beauty website as convenient and personal as possible, for example by keeping you signed in;
- measure the effectiveness of our online advertising or how often our content is viewed;
- determine which email messages were opened, whether you clicked on any links and interacted with the content and to optimize your email experience;
- analyze your information including your location, products and/or services requested, age, time zone, IP address and URL visited, against our wider customer base for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, to improve our services and products, the Bona Fide Beauty website and content. We may also aggregate and de-identify your information to create customer segments and share with our licensees and partners.
We may match your browsing activity on one Device, such as your mobile phone, with your browsing activity on another device, such as your tablet, to ensure our advertising is tailored to you. To allow us to do this, our preferred technology partners may share information, including your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and we will match that information to the information in our user base as a whole by identifying the browser and Devices that appear to be used by the same person. To learn more about how we share your information, please refer to our Privacy Notice.
SECTION 4 - HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COOKIES PREFERENCES?
We have set out below the ways you can manage your cookie preferences across your browser and your mobile device.
You are welcome to block the use of some or all of the cookies and similar technologies we use on our website. However, please be aware that doing so may impair some features and/or services on our website and its functionality or may even render some or all of it unusable. Additionally, added functionality which is provided by personalization technologies will likely not work - impairing our ability to provide content or products which are most relevant to you.
You should also be aware that clearing all cookies from your browser will also delete any cookies that are storing your preferences, for example, whether you have accepted cookies on a website or any cookies that are blocking other cookies.
Please also note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track" (a/k/a/ dnt) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
SECTION 5 - BROWSER SETTINGS
You can accept or reject some or all cookies (for example, blocking all third party cookies) by adjusting your browser settings. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. However, please be aware that when you disable cookies, some features and services on the Bona Fide Beauty website may not function properly and may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics.
Some browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, allow you to change your settings to browse in ‘incognito’ mode, limiting the amount of data placed on your machine and automatically deleting any persistent cookies placed on your device when you finish your browsing session.
SECTION 6 - EXISTING COOKIES
To clear cookies that have previously been placed on your browser, you should select the option to clear your browsing history and ensure that the option to delete or clear cookies is included when you do so.
SECTION 7 - WEB BEACONS
By setting your email account to display emails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons, however please be aware that our emails won’t look as pretty and some functionality may be disabled. Please consult the "Help" section of your email client for more information. Alternatively, you can remove yourself completely from our mailing list by going to the bottom of any email from us and clicking on the relevant 'unsubscribe' link in the emails you receive.
SECTION 8 - MOBILE DEVICE COOKIES
For your mobile device, you can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies on your mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative's website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices (opens in new window) from your mobile device. On your mobile device you may also select “Limit Ad Tracking” (on iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
SECTION 9 - DOES THIS POLICY EVER CHANGE?
We may update or modify this Policy from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. We will obtain your consent to any material Policy changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. The date of the most recent version of this Policy will appear at the top of the page.
When we update our Policy, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. For example, we will notify you of any changes to this Policy by posting a new Policy and updating the “last modified” date at the top of this page or by sending the new Policy to you via email, where appropriate.
HOW DO I CONTACT BONA FIDE BEAUTY?
If you have any questions regarding our Policy or how we handle your information, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to read this Notice.